go to bottom

Author: Subject: new website & mp3 questions
markspe34
Recognised Member

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-9-23 at 17:11
new website & mp3 questions

whats up guys...i'm a long time fan of the livid and i was just wondering a few things:

1. Are there going to be any new mp3's coming out from the new cd anytime soon? Since i live in New Jersey i'd really like to hear some new tracks to tide me over before i order the new cd.

2. What is the release date for the new website? and what are some new features it will have?

thanks

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2004-9-24 at 04:24
1. none are planned, but as the video for "test run" will be on the website, i'm gonna try to persuade chris to let me put the mp3 up for stream, and possibly download. you already know half the tunes from the new cd though - they are new mixes/masters on the cd, but the songs are the same - and that's why they're a bit reluctant to give any more away.

2. the site was meant to go up last saturday but i have been working nights and my schedule got screwed up so it's not finished yet. next couple of days though. not everything will be functional, but i'm keen to get most of it up as soon as possible.
features...

well we want to get an online store going but that may not be ready for a week or more.
the page headers, in its present state, are news, shows, bio, music/video, lyrics, photos, store, extras, links, contact, forums.

the news system is better, as is the shows system.

there will be new member bios, and possibly a new band bio (i need to shout at the band for those come to think of it).

the music/video page has the "i could fall" video (which i'm gonna get a quicktime version of for you mac people), the "test run" video when it is done, and it will have the new "justin in the studio" video, which is complete. all in windows media video and quicktime video formats. also might include some video bootlegs there.

the lyrics page has the lyrics to all songs on all cds - i finally have the complete king of the castle lyrics. (minus the ones on that disc which are also on fear of fading.)

i wanted more photos on the photos page, but i only have what i'm given for that. if any of you have good photos from any livid shows you've been to please give me a link so we can use some. you'll get credit.

store won't be ready when the site goes up, but will eventually be a way to pay for merch using paypal. that means you can use all major cards from wherever you're from - us brits can use switch/solo cards, and you can use visa or mastercard from anywhere i think. that should solve some problems.

extras will have all the junk... wallpapers if i get round to making any decent new ones, tabs (watch it die, egzit and release acoustic will really be done soonish this time! and i will try to get chris to write out a new song or two, or try it myself), avatars and sigs (maybe i'll make some new ambition within ones), flyers (street team info maybe - someone needs to get that going again now that the band will provide materials - see this thread)... all that kind of junk.

links will be pretty much the same, with a few new additions.

contact is boring, and the forums will be the same but with a makeover (this grey theme will still be available).

it's more of a makeover and improved interface that a lot of new content to be honest. but i think i made it sound pretty cool just then.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2004-9-24 at 04:32
in the words of Rob "cant wait"

Some things take more than a lifetime.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2004-9-24 at 06:06
oh, and a new intro, which also won't be ready when the site is launched.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2004-9-24 at 19:01
Cool man. You're putting in enough effort on this thing! Everyone should pick up 10 pieces of garbage for every new addition/improvment that Bart has made.

CLEAN THE EARTH, MAN!

one last show.

PunkRawkPrincess
Über Poster

Currently listening to: Sum 41

posted on 2004-9-24 at 20:27
bart- i got a ton of livid photos...they are all saved on my best friends computer, some look pretty sweet...i can get them all together and you can take a took at them if you wanna...

LISTEN TO MY RADIO SHOW

SHUT UP AND LISTEN
TUESDAYS 12:30-3PM
C101.5FM HAMILTON
www.mohawkc.on.ca/msa/cioi

* your all i want, your all i need, your everthing, everything*

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2004-9-25 at 18:11
yes please.

go to top