go to bottom

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
Author: Subject: NEW TRACKS TO BE RECORDED
SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2006-4-28 at 05:35
I've listened to the live versions so much this is hard to readjust. I miss the screams in Remembering Never

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2006-4-28 at 11:38
Thanks, B. That's exactly what I needed.

Funny you say that Jorge, because I was going to post this last night before I read your post and then fell asleep - I've found that the more and more I listen to these the more I'm enjoying them. And I know the reason is that I've grown used the live versions and the way they sound way too much. At first I was waiting for the "...make some fuckin' noise!" part in "Under This" and various other expectations as I listened through the songs. I've listened to these all probably a good 14 times each already, and I've already begun to forgot about all those little live version moments that I loved. The live versions are still amazing and I'll always listen to them, but these are so much more superior I can't even compare them. Every part is loud, crisp and clear now. It's awesome.

This seems to happen alot with any band. It happened with Release, where people didn't like the heavy version as much. Everyone loves the version of the song they fell in love with. I've grown to really like the distorted Release much more over time as well.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2006-4-28 at 17:54
yeah i'm already in love with Remembering never

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2006-4-28 at 20:39
i still miss the screams at the end of sick cycle (when, i think, chris gave up on the really high harmony and just screamed it instead) and also just before the final chorus ("GO!"), but at least there are some awesome screams at the end of under this.

i have to say i found some of the drum fills a little suspect in these songs. i was speaking to rob the other day and he mentioned that the producer had changed some of them. guess that's why i don't think it sounds quite natural.

Adam
of The Livid

Currently listening to: S.T.S.

posted on 2006-4-28 at 22:43
Yeah there are a few things throughout the new recordings that we overlooked in our haste to get them out there. I think the over-all mix leaves some to be desired, and little things that I wanted to re-do, but didnt re-do because I was assured it would be edited properly, and obviously it wasnt, and the thing that bugs me most is the guitar solo in Remembering Never not ending on a high note... But thats what happens when you rush stuff.... ahh well... so its not perfect... sue us.... hehe...
Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2006-4-28 at 23:27
quotation:
Originally posted by tremendous
i still miss the screams at the end of sick cycle (when, i think, chris gave up on the really high harmony and just screamed it instead) and also just before the final chorus ("GO!"

Yeah, I definitely agree with you on these points. Funny thing is those two specific points I'm pretty sure were just coincidental and not intentional. Like, the "Go" part, I'm pretty sure wasn't even made by anyone in the band. As kick ass as it is. And Chris was probably just running out of steam when he decided to scream in the final chorus.

Either way, I'm happy. No suing is necessary.

RobH
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Westpoint

posted on 2006-4-29 at 17:21
I'm just giving these my first listen through as I write this.

I don't have much more to add than what everyone else has been saying, but definitely thanks to the band for putting these together.

I'm always happy about one last thing to get livid about.

www.sluggy.com

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2006-4-29 at 17:47
quotation:
Originally posted by Reivax
Like, the "Go" part, I'm pretty sure wasn't even made by anyone in the band. As kick ass as it is.

that actually was chris. my buddy mark asked him about it, and you can see him coming closer to the mic and it gets louder as he does. unintentional, sure, but great.

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2006-4-29 at 18:24
quotation:
Originally posted by tremendous
quotation:
Originally posted by Reivax
Like, the "Go" part, I'm pretty sure wasn't even made by anyone in the band. As kick ass as it is.

that actually was chris. my buddy mark asked him about it, and you can see him coming closer to the mic and it gets louder as he does. unintentional, sure, but great.

In the video I don't recall anyone actually being near a mic at that point. Speaking of which, I've lost all my video's that I've sent you. Any possible way to add those to the site yet? It's possible they weren't saved when this computer was formatted. I was trying to find them the other day, but I couldn't find a thing.

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2006-4-30 at 04:36
i actually had to delete everything we didn't really need to put the albums online, but i have it all on my machine. hopefully one day i can put it on the site.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2006-5-2 at 05:57
I've been staying away from this thread for the last week, cause i didn't want to read anything about the new songs until i heard them myself. i also didn't want any previews, i just wanted the full impact. and that's what i got tonight, and more. god damn, these songs are just so fucking awesome. seriously, they are some of the best songs i think i've ever heard.

it's funny i was expecting to get the same feeling as when i heard the live versions this time around, but it was totally different. it really feels like when i heard Fear of Fading for the first time wich was totally unexpected, but really cool. Really i dont think it's set in yet that these will be the last songs that we will ever hear from the guys, they are just kickass songs.

the first few times through i was missing a few things from the live versions, like chis's screams in sick cycle, and justin saying "Chris Schembri ladies and gentlemen" just before the solo, but these recordings are so rocking, i dont really miss them anymore.

i cant thank the band enough for putting these together. like reivax said this is so much more than i could have ever expected from a band that is broken up. speaking of which if there is one last show i will drop everything in my buisy little life to fly out and see you guys. infact i would even drive all the way there if i have to, just to see ONE SHOW. it would without a doubt be the best show i will ever see... ever.

and reivax, i have most of the videos you sent me, with the exception of the tide, shaded, egzit, cause they got all messed up and out of sync. but if you want me to e-mail you the ones that work, i owe you at least that for sending them to me.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2006-5-12 at 14:55
How AMAZING is the EP?
It made my day, week, month...oh..man.
I think it's the fourth time I play it front to back now since I put it on...

It brought back so many memories from past shows and conversations...it's really a shame this is the last we'll hear of one of the most influential bands for a lot of us...

But really, thanks to the guys for ending on this note. It is absolutely amazing.

and i know it says 'dissarray'....but i can't help but hear 'desiree'..and i kinda like it. :-) haha..

you won't let me down...

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

go to top