Author: Subject: Chris' NEW band and record - Signal to Strike
tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2007-6-16 at 17:37
thanks

quotation:
Originally posted by SideO_JR
The release link sent me to a white page though.

do you mean "releases" on the menu? does this happen every time? what browser and operating system?

quotation:
I love how you can click most of the links and not disturb the music

yeah i had to do some stuff i've never done before to get that working. learning experience...
it should be everything except using the contact form, going to the admin pages and going off-site. i'm planning to get the contact form working without changing page too though.

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2007-6-16 at 17:57
hmm the releases is working now

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

JohnBlack

Currently listening to:

posted on 2007-6-16 at 20:08
From the main page, click on any of the links then click back to "news", once you are on the news page and try to click any of the links you get a blank white page. This is in IE with XP.

JohnBlack

Currently listening to:

posted on 2007-6-16 at 20:10
Actually it's with many of the pages, not just the news one... All the links work as I've seen all the pages but it's just the luck of the draw whether you get the white screen or not lol Certain links don't work from certain pages.
tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2007-6-16 at 20:20
which version of ie? (help->about)
tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2007-6-16 at 20:24
actually, i'm getting that behaviour the third time i click a link (ie6 under linux/wine). i'd be interested to know if the same thing happens in ie7? (flash player doesn't work on ie7 under linux)
JohnBlack

Currently listening to:

posted on 2007-6-16 at 20:57
IE 6 - yes you are right, third time.
tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2007-6-16 at 21:14
i've had a quick go and the problem is with flash calling the javascript switch page function -- if i call it from html everything's fine. i can't see anything wrong with it though. i'm sure i'll figure it out.

in the mean time, get a proper browser, or at least upgrade to ie7.

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2007-6-17 at 04:17
So, went to the show on Friday with a few people. Saw a few old familiar faces. thelividfan fan from the boards and his buddies, whom I can't recall their names at the moment. Also all the FNA guys I noticed were there. A shame they didn't play instead of the other band I saw. No offense to them, but I really, really wasn't digging it.

I didn't know what to expect since I'd only ever heard Circuit and that was done so long ago, who knows how much the band had changed. So I was kinda worried that I wouldn't like it, only because I really wanted to.

Right away, I gotta say, I was impressed. Thank god. First thing Andrea said when she came up to me is, "wow he's a really good singer". Even I didn't even know that. I've obviously heard him do harmonies and heard the 2 recordings, but that certainly doesn't mean it'll sound good live on stage. Well, I can assure anyone that listens to the recordings, yes, Chris sounds just like that on the stage.

And to give props to the other guys, their harmonies were tight and spot on. In fact there weren't enough. The bass players (I'll learn the names soon enough) vocals in particular sounded great. The two guitarists were tight and each player was fun to watch. Some really intricate stuff being pulled off. One moment in particular watching the lead guitarist play, not sure what song or part, but he was playing a really fast, trem-picked sorta thing on the high e string that had a guitar stretch somewhere around the 2nd and 5th fret. If that makes any sense, that part was cool.

Anyway, props to the band. Thanks for the good show. Bought some cd's. Ian, I got you one. Not entirely sure who to give the others to.

Bart, great fucking job. Hopefully you'll get some photos up there soon. I didn't remember a camera, but I noticed a few flashing, so hopefully some of those may come your way.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2007-6-17 at 20:55
Hey, Bart, What's going on in "walk away"? Is that a 5/8 intro with 6/8 verse and pre-chorus and a 8/8 or 4/4 chorus? Listening right now and got curious.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2007-6-17 at 22:58
i said on msn but i'll repeat here: it's 5/8 in the intro with a final bar of 6/8. then everything else is 6/8 except for the chorus, which you could call 4/4 and count slowly but i'd call it 4/8.
Chad of Spinstill
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: WTF DO YOU THINK!?

posted on 2007-6-18 at 00:00
The show was insane, the first 3 bands were good but not my cup of tea, definatly not even close to the same genre as STS. Schembri as a front man is just a good idea period! Great job on the vox Chris! The Cd is incredible, a little heavy on the low end in spots but I'm sure that's how the guys wanted it. Bart is there gonna be lyrics posted anywhere? I would really like to see them!

www.myspace.com/spinstill
www.spinstill.com
c~

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2007-6-18 at 05:20
quotation:
Originally posted by Chad of Spinstill
Bart is there gonna be lyrics posted anywhere? I would really like to see them!

sure, if the band says the word i can put a lyrics page up. (it'd be empty until they actually put the lyrics on there though -- i don't have them.)

thelividfan

Currently listening to: Livid EP

posted on 2007-6-19 at 00:08
awesome show and site

Hey Bart, kick ass site, can't wait to see the end result. As for the show it really kicked, i got quite a few pics, and video footage of a full song.

Chris, good job so far with the new tunez there really kickin! can't wait to hear more

out!

JohnBlack

Currently listening to:

posted on 2007-6-19 at 01:02
WALK AWAY

lets pretend its the first time you lied to me
well start this game over again
fears can stray
filled with spite but you couldn't see
I'm just the same way.

we push ourselves over the edge to impress
lets say that we gave it our best
lets cut this right now
we gave it our all but it ends in a fall

if this is love please tell me how do I just walk away
dreams they carry on
while the hopes they stay with me
now I'm searching for something more than tenative
while the spark in your eye turns to water
now I'm tired of this endless fight
destroying me and its tearing me apart

same old hate
same old anger
thats how it all starts
the days were so hopeful yet so painful
we're shot through the heart

emotions come first
then the fight that carries on
I am letting lose
when this fight that carries on and on
someone tell me what went wrong

CIRCUIT
Way to go
back on track
try to relax
this has a tendency of turning into self destruction
i don't know if i can bare another blow to the heart
or be the one to call it off

i've pushed
i've tried
i'm sick and tired of waiting in line for this i've cut this life cut it off
i've pushed i've tried
i'm sick and tired of waiting in line
but i'll give it one more try

'cuz i don't wanna wake up today
pretend everything's ok
smile and say i'm right here waiting for my song to play
i'm sick of these rainy days proud i've stayed but i'm done waiting for it

where'd it go?
four years today i was on top of the world
how did i sink right to the bottom?
guess that's how it goes when chasing dreams
for time that's endless it seems
you'd be the one to give it up

i close my eyes
i waste away
this struggling fight becomes my life
i hold inside my anger so tight
i beg i plead for something right
i've pushed
i'm tired of waiting in line but i'll give it one more try

THIS WORKS
? was sitting outside in the pouring rain
when the drops rolled down my cheek
it wasn't any different than the cold room that I'm used to
why did this ?
disturb me in my sleep filled with hurt

i'm all alone
i'm surrounded by the cold
let it go
i never wanted it to make way
i never wanted it to change me
we can make it work
we can make this work

i ran around outside and hit another rainy day
and the puddles drenched my feet
my skin started to shiver
and the dark ??? above me cracked

I'm still so sick of being somebody else
dont want to be another number left on the shelf
I'm still so sick of being somebody else

I'll fight my way to the top
in spite of every never ending hurdle in my way
i'll fight my way to the top
in spite of what all these never ending voices tend to say

-Feel free to correct...

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2007-6-19 at 03:00
Thanks for the review Chris. and for the CD. I'm digging the songs. and great site design Bart. I particularly like the contact page, as simple as it is. Everything seems to be working fine on Safari.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

LividChris
of The Livid

Currently listening to: CHIODOS

posted on 2007-6-19 at 05:48
Signal to Strike lyrics

Walk away

Let’s pretend it’s the first time you lied to me we’ll start this game over again fists clenched tight filled with spite but you couldn’t see I’m just the same we push ourselves over the edge to impress and say that we gave it our best let’s cut this right now we gave it our all but it ends in a fall if this is love please tell me how do I just walk away voices talk tough dreams say carry on while the hearts say stay with me now I’m searching for something right that can’t exist while that spark in your eye turns to water and I’m tired of this endless fight destroying me and it’s tearing me apart same old hate same old anger
That’s how it all starts a taste oh so hopeful yet so painful a shot through the heart emotions come first in a fight that carries on I know that it hurts in a fight that carries on and on someone tell me what went wrong

Someday…

well let’s start it with a fight and a war that never ends but a war that changed it all well yeah you can still pretend that it meant nothing to fall and leave me with empty hands ‘cause you’re not the one that lost it all you’ve got a funny way of saying that you’re sorry i’ll let it go someday let’s talk about the knife that you stuck inside of me well i’m sure you disagree but what’s a mind without a dream but a fire without a steam I understand you had to leave but did you ever think you’d be destroying me I hold a grudge like no one you have ever betrayed but I’ll let it go someday by now you know me better than I know myself

Watch this burn

Safe to say the pieces came together on a rainy day I remember it like yesterday there’s no way that I’d ever back myself into a corner like the one that’s glued to me and I’m here to say it’s the last time that I’ll dedicate every waking hour of everyday is the last thing that you promised me but you say it went away it’s the last time that I’ll let it take my everything now let’s watch it burn away I’m ok but the fire burns much brighter on the other side or at least it does for me I complain about a pile of missing pieces I guess I’ll never learn that nothing comes for free well I’ve turned to stone inside I’m unwhole throat dry airway closed eye blind blood is cold heart stopped I’m a ghost

This Works

I wrote a song outside in the pouring rain as the drops rolled down my cheeks it wasn’t any different than the cold room that I’m used to why did this burn and disturb me in my sleep filled with hurt and I walk alone I’m surrounded by the cold let it go I never wanted it to make way I never wanted it to change me we can make this work I ran around outside on yet another rainy day and the puddles drenched my feet my skin started to shiver and the dark grey cloud that dwells above me cracks eyes closed I think of being somebody else don’t want to be another novel left on a shelf I’ll fight my way to the top
In spite of every never ending hurdle in my way in spite of what all these never ending voices tend to say

Forgetting Forgiveness

Well I can’t believe this lies within your deepest thoughts and lame regrets I swear I’ve been here waiting for you to tell this tell of how you shrugged without a sound and what it meant to you wont fill that hole in your chest’s left side and I worked for this and I tried but you ignored your heart and started this well I cried it’s true when you ran now I’m finally replacing you well my stomach is tied in knots from deep within I tried so hard to hide my pride still hurts but I know that you think of what you did a path disturbed by your intent to run from fear you hide that you can’t shake off so let go your life is run by self control go find yourself a different role and bring me back a way to cope go find yourself a way out

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2007-6-19 at 11:52
i'll put a new page on the site a little later today with those.
tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2007-6-19 at 19:36
quotation:
Originally posted by thelividfan
i got quite a few pics, and video footage of a full song.

hey marcel. i've added you to my msn list. any chance of getting a hold of some photos and maybe the video? give me a shout if you see me on msn and i'll hook you up with somewhere to put them.

Adam
of The Livid

Currently listening to: S.T.S.

posted on 2007-6-20 at 01:26
Its always nice to hear some new Schembri.... Sweet songs on the site... Cant wait to see the live show...

SignaltoStrike

Currently listening to:

posted on 2007-6-21 at 20:09
Bart!

Thanks for the work on the site. It looks great and we are really happy with it so far. I would like to move this message board over - make it part of the STS website. Could you do that?

Have you had a chance to work on the Myspace?

You are the best in every way possible. We appreciate the help so much.

James

tremendous
Administrator

posted on 2007-6-21 at 22:32
john -- i just asked schembri for the circuit lyrics and he told me he didn't post them because he read yours and they're perfect. so i'm putting them on the site right now. good job.

quotation:
Originally posted by SignaltoStrike
Thanks for the work on the site. It looks great and we are really happy with it so far.

glad you like it

quotation:
I would like to move this message board over - make it part of the STS website. Could you do that?

i could. but i think it'd be best until there are more than five people who'd post on it! there's nothing worse than a dead forum. give it a couple of months and i'll put a forum up.

quotation:
Have you had a chance to work on the Myspace?

i was just telling schembri that from a designer/web developer's point of view, myspace is the most disgusting pile of hacks i have ever seen. i can't stand it. i knew it was bad, but now i've actually looked at the internals i realise the horrifying extent of it. but i promised to sort out the band's myspace site and so i will do it. there isn't as much scope for customising it as i had hoped without overlaying everything including the friends list, comments list etc, but i can at least make it look a lot tidier than your average myspace site.

XaVieRGizmo

Currently listening to: Halifax, Hawthrone Heights, Dead Poetic

posted on 2007-6-22 at 06:39
okay, im excited...i love circuit the first time i heard it. Just visited the site, sounds fucking wicked, cant wait!

How do i get my hands on STS tracks?!??.

edit* btw, chris is the main vocalist??

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2007-6-22 at 08:08
quotation:

http://www.thelivid.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1574

or at their shows. Or I'm sure you could ask someone to pick one up for you at a show like I did.

quotation:

yes

Some things take more than a lifetime.

XaVieRGizmo

Currently listening to: Halifax, Hawthrone Heights, Dead Poetic

posted on 2007-6-22 at 10:58
quotation:
Originally posted by armour_guitarist
quotation:

http://www.thelivid.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1574

or at their shows. Or I'm sure you could ask someone to pick one up for you at a show like I did.

quotation:

yes

ughhh.. unfortunately, ive left CA. gee, seems i cant get my hands on one anytime soon. I'll just rip it from the website for now.

<<  1    2    3  >>

go to top