go to bottom

<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: Close calls!
Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: Angels and Airwaves- The Adventure

posted on 2003-7-19 at 14:28
Close calls!

Alright guys and girls, due to the lack of boring threads, I've decided to come up with a thread that will hopefully excite everyone ! So, tell us about your closest encounter with death. Hopefully they all can be totally real, but if your really creative, throw in a fake one too. But, make sure u say if its fake or not, I wouldn't want Dez to start crying now!

one last show.

Newbie4eva

Currently listening to: Taking back sunday

posted on 2003-7-19 at 14:30
I got hit by a bus once I was no where near death but my shoulder hurt for a couple of days

oooOOooo my friend farted in face once it stank so bad I thought I was about to die that's about the closest hmm yes mine suck!

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of Newbie4eva This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Newbie4eva
Hyde

Currently listening to: Mors Principium Est

posted on 2003-7-19 at 15:42
Until a couple weeks ago I never knew why I was always told not to put a knife in the toaster.

My curiousity got the better of me, and in it went.

We had just got a new cutlery set that was all metal, but I forgot and used one of our old ones with bone handles.

I love my short memory.

xtianuk

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-7-19 at 16:34
i nearly had a car accident while on holiday in spain
we were driving on the wrong side of the road though

and my lung shit, grrr

DeeDee
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: fall out boy

posted on 2003-7-19 at 17:48
i almost got attacked by a German Sheppard... until my dad came and threw a rock at it, and i ran away.

RobH
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Westpoint

posted on 2003-7-19 at 19:41

When I was 6, I fell off of a dock into a lake and didn't know how to swim. Some girl saw me and pulled me out. That was nice of her.

www.sluggy.com

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2003-7-19 at 19:50
quotation:
Originally posted by Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Alright guys and girls, due to the lack of boring threads,

lack of boring threads?!
quotation:
So, tell us about your closest encounter with death.

genius plan!
i can't really remember any of mine, if there were any, but i can do one for our very own Mark: we were off to get a burger from the chip shop and a bus grazed his shoulder, the wing mirror about 2 inches above his head, going full speed. jesus. that could have easily killed him.

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2003-7-19 at 20:25
WHOAPS! Geese tremendous, you catch these errors like a fukn' owl hunting down mice man. Nice work. Yes, I meant 'lack of interesting threads', not "lack of boring threads".

Here's mine: A car drove into my subdivision wall late one night (Olde English Lane). I was sitting in my back yard, against that wall and it was about 2 feet away from me. Pretty damn freaky.

As for my brother(Kevin): he was born with cancer, and he survived. So just a little success story for any one that knows/is going through that terrible stuff.

one last show.

nickelback_2202
Recognised Member

Currently listening to:

posted on 2003-7-19 at 21:35
Close

Accidently forgot to take my pocket knife out of my bag when I reached the airport.

She spreads her silver wings to offer shade for my pale skin...

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2003-7-20 at 02:21
My Closest Call

Wasn't really something as terrible as Cancer, but an Ischemic Cerebellum Stroke in 1997..

Things weren't looking good for me and the doctors said that IF I survived I'd have a lot of problems and stuff..

After more than 6 months of physical therapy...I was able to walk, write, and talk almost as well as I had before the stroke..

Anyway, this is not something I talk about much...since I don't think it's people's business whether I should be dead right now or not..
But I guess my family is happy I made it through..

I am personally proud of myself for being able to make it out of a horrible eating disorder and being able to look back at all I did and realize how retarded I was..

you won't let me down...

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2003-7-20 at 03:32
Woah, tragic shit Dez. Well, I'm super glad that your hear to talk with us today! That totally rocks. So take that Ischemic Cerebellum Stroke in 1997! *knock's on wood in fear of getting Ischemic Cerebellum Stroke in 2003*.

one last show.

kaitlynn
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: rent

posted on 2003-7-20 at 04:00
he he he yes...well i was gonna say your name there but.. i didn't know it and i was too lazy to type out your screen name so...yes dude!

-Kaitlynn*

"I dreamed a dream of days gone by, I dreamed a dream a life worth living. I dreamt that love would never die. I dreamt that life would be, forgiving...But the tigers come at night, with their voices loud as thunder. As they tear our dreams apart, as they turn our dreams to shame."
-Fantine
(oh the the lifelong sorrows)

Jake
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: The Living End

posted on 2003-7-20 at 09:44
Once in London we were getting on a bus where you all get on and pay on your journey, my parents had gotten on and I was half on when the bus started moving. Luckily the ticket guy grabbed me and dragged me on!

Female.

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Jake
Mark

Currently listening to: james blunt

posted on 2003-7-20 at 11:33
quotation:
Originally posted by Newbie4eva
I got hit by a bus once I was no where near death but my shoulder hurt for a couple of days

oooOOooo my friend farted in face once it stank so bad I thought I was about to die that's about the closest hmm yes mine suck!

Hahah, yeah I've been very close to a fast moving bus, it was damm scary (bart was on the other side of me and still shat his pants)

I dont take life for granted now

[Edited on 20/7/03 by Mark]

www.westpointrock.com

shiftyroach

Currently listening to: Feist

posted on 2003-7-20 at 12:51
Never had an experience like any of these. Worst was when I was 7 and leaning on the backyard screen door and it gave. I fell on the concrete steps and slabs, flat on my front.

Umm... everyone here should practice a bit more caution in what they do. Don't wanna lose anybody over a stupid accident

can I find my faults // leave them and start // to find myself?

Chris
Moderator of Death

Currently listening to: textures

posted on 2003-7-20 at 14:50
i once grazed my knee

ta bi

Mark

Currently listening to: james blunt

posted on 2003-7-20 at 19:06
quotation:
Originally posted by Chris
i once grazed my knee

Oh chris, did you see the light at the end of the tunnel !

www.westpointrock.com

kaitlynn
Posting Machine

posted on 2003-7-20 at 22:26
I hit a tree while was toboganning when I was 7. Luckily it hit my chin and if it was a bit higher it coulda killed me I guess. It was going down a hill and I only ended up with 21 stiches.

Another time when i was 3 I tried to jump on my bed and i bent my knees down and bounced up as hard as I could. Instead I hit my chin (yes again) on the metal frame with such force it split open..more stitches.

And another time, it wasn't really a close call but I'll share it anyways. I was at my grandmas setting the table for cause i was such a good little girl and i stood up on the chair to do it. I lost my balance and hit my head into the corner of the wall. I got more stiches again

Well lots of stiches for me,. I'm not sure whether these were "close calls" but hey.

-Kaitlynn*

"I dreamed a dream of days gone by, I dreamed a dream a life worth living. I dreamt that love would never die. I dreamt that life would be, forgiving...But the tigers come at night, with their voices loud as thunder. As they tear our dreams apart, as they turn our dreams to shame."
-Fantine

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2003-7-21 at 12:28
Reply: Chris

Yeah, it was pretty tough to have to put up with it..sometimes I wish I hadn't, you know..just let go, but then what kind of person would that make me..

Anyway, I really wouldn't wish for ANYONE to go through this..specially at a young age like I had it, because this is more common in elderly people.

I guess that the only bad thing right now is that I need to take care of myself when I'm out and stuff..
There are certain rides I can't go on at for example amusement parks...some sports I can't play..
Really sucks the fun out of you sometimes,

you won't let me down...

Pure_Ibanez_Sound
Oh Dear

posted on 2003-7-21 at 14:43
Damn Kaitlnn, you should wear a hockey helmet where ever you go. It would save millions in stitches.

Dez: There are certain rides I can't go on at for example amusement parks...some sports I can't play..
Really sucks the fun out of you sometimes.

That does suck. I'm gonna cry now.

one last show.

kaitlynn
Posting Machine

posted on 2003-7-21 at 15:01
hmm a dont think I have a million..not yet 41 all together . I was a fun kid though, always doing something..and don't go cry..i dont even know what about anyways...lol

-Kaitlynn*

-Fantine

Jake
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: The Living End

posted on 2003-7-21 at 18:20
I once fell out of my treehouse, it wasn't that high though.

Female.

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of Jake
mi
Über Poster

Currently listening to: darcy

posted on 2003-7-21 at 19:13
when i was a kid, i was in some sort of snowmobile trailer when it flipped over. I was trapped under it in the snow upside down for a while... I've also fallen off a sea doo, not too weird, just a lot of tumbling underwater...

the act of sacraficing bitter memories

i cant bring myself to fogive you, i cant force myself to fogive you, i cant bring myself to forgive you

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
theo
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: eric gold/dire straites

posted on 2003-7-23 at 22:07
fell from a tree a few years back: head-first onto a foot-long wooden spike... well i would have if it hadn't been for my lucky shoe of the day!

Alternate-rock king!

http://www.joski.co.uk

http://www.vexred.com

Jeff K
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: Head Automatica

posted on 2003-7-24 at 18:16
One time, I was having sex with this dude and he started to clench his ass so tight I thought my dick was gonna get ripped off. I swear if that happened, I would have died.

http://www.westpointrock.com
http://www.myspace.com/westpoint

.WAR IS OVER - If you want it.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage ICQ status of Jeff+K This user has MSN messenger
<<  1    2  >>

go to top