go to bottom

<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: The Ambition Within Review - Hosted by Dagger Phillips and Raine
Raine
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Walkers Line - Little Bit

posted on 2004-10-5 at 04:21
The Ambition Within Review - Hosted by Dagger Phillips and Raine

Tuesday, Oct 5th at 7pm, Dag and myself will be co-hosting his first show on my radio station. It will be - in part - a review of the Livid's new disc "The Ambition Within". I encourage you all to tune in and check it out! log on to:

http://ckrg.glendon.yorku.ca

and click on "Listen Live!" to get a realtime webstream. You can also call us with your thoughts during the show by dialing 416-736-2100, ext. 88400. Hope you all can tune in

Remember to tune in Tuesdays between 11:00 am - 1:00 pm on 89.9 FM or at http://ckrg.glendon.yorku.ca/ for The New Rock Show, hosted by yours truly. A solid hour of independent music, featuring bands like: The Livid, Westpoint, Spinstill, Monday, and more!

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: New Livid?!? Wha??????

posted on 2004-10-5 at 04:34
cool, i'll be sure and tune in. 7pm is like the perfect time for me too, cause it'll be around 10pm here, nice.

Some things take more than a lifetime.

DeeDee
Posting Machine

Currently listening to: fall out boy

posted on 2004-10-5 at 13:04
I will listen cuz i told you before that i would lol

Raine
Recognised Member

posted on 2004-10-5 at 14:48
Hehehe thanks. You're a sweetheart. :p

On my show at 11, I'll be playing 5 new spinstill songs, just incase anyone is interested in supporting Chad's cause

Remember to tune in Tuesdays between 11:00 am - 1:00 pm on 89.9 FM or at http://ckrg.glendon.yorku.ca/ for The New Rock Show, hosted by yours truly. A solid hour of independent music, featuring bands like: The Livid, Westpoint, Spinstill, Monday, and more!

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2004-10-5 at 17:06
i might catch the middle. it'd be midnight, spinstill at 4am for me. spect i'll be out when it starts but i'll listen to some if i remember.

1lilrockerchic
Oh Dear

Currently listening to: My Mp3 Player

posted on 2004-10-5 at 17:41
I will do me best to listen to it...

.::Lullaby::.
xX*I am sorry now (but will I ever let you go…)
Things seem so wrong (I had something worth living for)
I cant go on, but its something we’re suppose to do
My heart is crushed, now that I’m without you
I’m without you *Xx

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage AIM status of 1lilrockerchic This user has MSN messenger Yahoo status of 1lilrockerchic
Reivax
Custon Status

Currently listening to: Dredg & God Is An Astronaut

posted on 2004-10-5 at 21:47
quotation:
Originally posted by armour_guitarist
cool, i'll be sure and tune in. 7pm is like the perfect time for me too, cause it'll be around 10pm here, nice.

Call me crazy, but isn't that around 4pm for you? I'm 99.9% certain you're 3 hours before us.

Another hour and 15 minutes. As long as I don't forgot, I'll be listening. I also left my CD at a friends house, so I'll need a little fix.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=reivax

SideO_JR
Oh Dear

Currently listening to:

posted on 2004-10-5 at 22:00
i'd love to listen but i go to work at 5 my time 7 your time

How do you communicate those emotions that are so intense that no physical expression or series of words can even scratch the surface?

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-10-5 at 22:28
ha, yeah i was really confused yesterday. your rigth Chris. 30 minutes to go now.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-10-5 at 23:22
im listening righ now. quite critical guys... maybe a little bit too much eh?

great to hear your voice Dezy!

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-10-6 at 00:18
Ahhh..I didn't know I was going to get put on-air right then and there! I didn't know what to say, and just laughed like a moron for most of the time...
But...<3 Thank you Ian! hah.

I heard I could have requested a song? Aww,shucks. Next time guys, I promise.

you won't let me down...

tremendous
Administrator

Currently listening to: Cigar Box Melody EP

posted on 2004-10-6 at 01:03
i tuned in just before reivax called in. but i missed dez calling in. how did i manage that? i thought i listened to the end which was when "in circles" and the song by dag were played. but dez's post here is since then...

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-10-6 at 01:11
Dez called in about 10 minutes before I did. I missed it, too. I couldn't listen to the show because my internet wouldn't allow it. I dusted off an old radio and still couldn't find the station.

Ian was telling me some of the things they were saying.

Btw, I hope it didn't seem like I was ripping on you guys. I was just curious to know if you two liked the album. From the things I heard, it sounded like you were really dissapointed, so I had to call and ask. There's nothing wrong with being overly critical. You have every right to state your opinions. I just disagree with some of them.

Raine
Recognised Member

posted on 2004-10-6 at 01:40
I know it was Dag's set and I really should have shut up and let him talk :p And I'm so very thankful to Chris and Dez for calling in, and for Bart and others for tuning in. the show was supposed to be much longer and we could have developed the ideas we've thrown back and forth on MSN so many times now... but I think we did well, and hopefully they'll sell a couple discs because of it. I am a little disappointed with certain aspects from the disc, but as Dag and I said over and over again, it's still a disc to own without question.

Raine
Recognised Member

posted on 2004-10-6 at 01:45
quotation:
I dusted off an old radio and still couldn't find the station.

You unfortunately wouldn't pick it up as far away as Burlington. It's a low budget station, and until I upgrade the transmitter (by the beginning of Nov.), it's hard to even pick it up on campus sometimes (the old transmitter is damaged). Even when we do upgrade, we're only licensed for 5 watts at the moment (will cover Toronto from Kipling to Morningside or so). I will work on the internet stream so you can pick it up with Windows Media and Quicktime, instead of just Winamp and iTunes. Sorry about that!

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-10-6 at 01:57
I figured that was the issue.

Did anyone mention audiostreet.net ? I was going to, but I forgot.

little_lady
Not quite as sad as the post count would suggest

Currently listening to: circuit!

posted on 2004-10-6 at 02:01
I did...
Raine said I should work for TheLivid..haha.

I don't remember what I said word for word, but when they asked me what I thought about TheAmbitionWithin I said: [give or take a couple words]
"It's a killer album. Every song in it is great. Some we had heard before, but the new tracks like Test Run, At the Seams, and Part of You are awesome. Whoever doesn't have the album should go out and get it....NOW!"

Then Raine said something about www.thelivid.com and I said

"Yeah, and there's also audiostreet.net/thelivid if you want a little taste of the album. Listen to some tracks and if you like it go get the CD. Good band, good guys. Oooh and join the foruuumssss..." (stupid laugh)

Yay.
"

you won't let me down...

Raine
Recognised Member

posted on 2004-10-6 at 02:07
Hehehe sounds about right

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-10-6 at 02:14
well, you can still be "Raine and Dag's personal promo girl" lol

good show guys. it was very entertaining, and interesting to hear your criticisms of the album (some i agreed with, some that i didn't). Raine, you should have let Dag talk a little more, you made up for your mic-hogging with humor. i actually laughed out loud a couple of times. what was that about Chris's dad? and Chris being attractive. lol.

becuase i was listening on the internet, i lost connection a couple of times, so i didn't get every word, but i heard most of it. way to play release Acoustic, that was really cool.

and Reivax, sorry if i made them sound a little too cynical, it was hard to convey a whole radio show on msn.

Raine
Recognised Member

posted on 2004-10-6 at 02:16
Yeah I am a mic hog.. I have a two hour show alone.. hard to co-host a one hour... I felt bad. Sorry Dag.

armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-10-6 at 02:17
dude, you made it sound like it was going to be 2 hours long. i was dissapointed when it ended so quickly

Dagger Phillips
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Motley Crue- If I Die Tomorrow

posted on 2004-10-6 at 02:33
Hey guys! Just wanted to say thanks for tuning in! I know we were pretty critical, and I hope It's clear that it's out of love for the band. Thanks To Dez ans Reivax for calling in, and Reivax, I know you weren't ripping on us. You had totally valid points and even if you were ripping on us its cool. I won't kiss anybody's ass and I don't expect anyone to kiss mine. Wether you agree with our opinions or not, hope that our comments at least made everyone look at the album in with a more critical eye. The idea was to start controversy and maybe ignite a discussion or two.

Dez, you can be my personal promo girl anytime!

And Raine, I didn't think you hogged at all.. basically cause I agreed with you for the most part and was a tad nervous. Next week I'll be talking more for sure. And it will be more of an entertainment/comedy show than a rip on the Livid show. I'll even do a Top 10 GOOD things about The Ambition Within.

Also, anyone with bands or, anyone who knows bands, let me know bout them, so I can play some of thier stuff and give them a spin.

[Edited on 6-10-04 by Dagger Phillips]

www.bittercandi.com

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
armour_guitarist
Oh Dear

posted on 2004-10-6 at 02:50
i completely agree with what you guys said about Release. and yes, the kids want more solos!

Reivax
Custon Status

posted on 2004-10-6 at 02:58
I personally don't want any solo's. Maybe one or two...if they fit. A good guitar riff is 10 times more impressive to me than a guitar solo. For the music that the livid play, I mean.

Glad you knew I wasn't ripping on you. I'm sure I would have actually had something valid to say if I were listening.

[Edited on 6-10-04 by Reivax]

Dagger Phillips
Recognised Member

Currently listening to: Motley Crue- If I Die Tomorrow

posted on 2004-10-6 at 03:02
I like a good guitar riff with a kick ass solo on top! Alot of time it's the backing riff that makes the solo.

www.bittercandi.com

View user's profile Email user Visit user's homepage This user has MSN messenger
<<  1    2  >>

go to top